Monday, February 8, 2010

February the Sunny!



I guess what they say is true and that you really can't go back again...not exactly anyway. My sister called this morning to let me know that she is giving up our Hollywood apartment. Like a battle weary lieutenant , she's valiantly tried to hold onto it but the siege of times passed and hard urban living have land claim to it's ceramic steps. I have loved that place more than anywhere else I have ever lived. I found myself within its' walls and created the life I wanted on its' plantain covered balcony. I can close my eyes and see the honey color of the worn wood floor, the afternoon light dancing off my orange bedroom wall and the cracked bathroom tiles. I can smell the delicious scent that only two girls that live together and who use different perfumes and the same incense can create. Ya~there are reasons why I left LA, but that apartment and living with my darling Aubrey sure wasn't one of them. I'm going to miss it more than I know.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I can feel how much you miss it. It really was a great apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, now guess who's gonna miss it all with you? As I miss YOU, as I miss going to your guys' house as well, as I miss BEING with the two of you? me... I miss it already and I can't believe this is happening...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it.... I miss it too and me eyes need wipers !!

    ReplyDelete