Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December the Swift

I found a poemish sort of thing I wrote a few years ago when I was down in LA pining for the soggy Northwest. With the downpour we had today though, I must have been hallucinating from a Vitamin D overload to have ever truly yearned for weather like this. Anyway the poem~

Emerald City

Lavender clouds dot the sky....and it begins to rain.

I have waited months for this~the annual baptism into my city.
my heartache,
my home.
How I have missed your towering fortresses, your skyline, your scent.

I abandoned you....too early...even before I had to....
yet each time I return....you accept me~without question~without judgement.

And I think, intuitively, you know, in your emerald wisdom, that a part of me will always stay~
scattered somewhere between Brooklyn Ave and Ballard.

For you were my first love, my growing pains and who could forget the memory of that?

2 comments:

  1. it never forgets us, the home of our first confusions and convictions. it never does... the one who takes us the way we are will be the one who will always wait for us with open arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice that is beautiful=) as are you my dear friend~

    ReplyDelete