Monday, November 16, 2009

Novembery

*Today's To Do List*

Vacuum wallpaper shavings and Dagobaz fur from living room carpet

Call Miss Alice

Return library books

Bury dead garage possums

Pay gas bill

And so the possum saga continues....I decided today was the day to reclaim the garage and revert it back to it's original use instead of being used as a furniture warehouse and possum cemetery. After digging a hole and disposing of two shriveled little bodies, Edgar informed me that I had one more to go. Unfortunately for him, he had discovered the 3rd causality a few days earlier while attempting to find a leaf rake. Fortunately for me, the possum had had the good sense to die on a blanket. Now I'm the last one to throw anything away without using up the very marrow of the thing. And even though it was from mexico and in perfectly good shape-I had to toss the dead possum blanket. No matter how many times you wash it, there's something about cozyin' up in a blanket which a small mammal expired and indeed decayed on, which is downright unpleasant.

2 comments:

  1. What? How can you waste a perfectly good blanket like that?

    Okay, I might have just a couple of qualms about snuggling into a dead critter blanket...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay ay... "Lishy's REAL to do list: be back to Miss Alice's side! :D"

    ReplyDelete